- Project Management for the Advanced Practice Nurse
DESCRIBES THE FUNDAMENTALS OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT FOR NURSES
While many books exist on project management in health care, most are written from the perspective of a hospital’s upper leadership. This is the first resource to encompass the specific knowledge base and skills required for graduate-level nurses and students to effectively perform the duties of a project manager. Based on proven project management principles, the text defines concepts specifically for APNs and APNs with a DNP degree, and enables them to apply processes used in the business operations side of a health care organization. The book describes the fundamentals of project design step by step, from needs assessment through project closing. It provides detailed examples of tools used by project managers, describes how to apply these tools in the management of a complex health care work environment, and identifies key concepts critical to project success.
The text demonstrates how APNs can harness the skills and organizational frameworks they already use to manage patient care and outcomes to improve systems care and implement change in complex medical systems. It describes in depth the five basic concepts of project management, including the basics of monitoring timelines, design and planning, implementation, monitoring and control, and project closing. The book also discusses a variety of roles available to APNs, including sample job descriptions requiring project management skills. Written in a clear and accessible format, the text is replete with practical examples demonstrating how current APNs and DNPs can utilize and apply project management skills as they implement a project at work or prepare a practicum assignment for graduation.
- Encompasses the knowledge base and skills required specifically for APN project management
- Describes fundamentals of project design from start to finish
- Based on proven project management concepts in terminology familiar to APNs
- Includes practical examples from a variety of nursing roles to guide the novice project manager
- Provides key information to help the transition from bedside nurse to APN leader
List Price: $ 75.00
Price: $ 62.96